Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January wrap up

Books

"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read"
- Internet claims it was Mark Twain who said it but who knows...

Last year I have read 26 books! So I actually managed to fulfill my aim of reading two books per month ;) I probably should aim for three books per month this year... Although I have read an article about some crazy challenge of reading 100 books in a year?! I am obviously intrigued... but let's see what improvement I will make this year and maybe 2017 will be my 100 books challenge year ;)

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - for those that like fairy tales it might be exactly what they need for relaxing read. On the other hand, for those that don't it might be too cheesy. I liked it. It was my book companion during Christmas/NewYearsEve break.

Movies

The Five-Year Engagement - it turned out to be a second-rate piece of work even I do like both of the leading actors Jason Segel and Emily Blunt. There was nothing exciting about this movie, it was sad to watch that is how bad it was. It also wasn't my type of movie. People that love each other but ruin each other lives that is not for me, way too stressful. My mum also didn't like it but we managed to watch it to the end so that we never ever have to see it again.

Love, Rosie - a bit better than The Five-Year Engagement but still really irritating to watch. The same topic, so again not really my type of story, but even more messed up plot. I wasn't alone my husband and my parents also thought that it was tiring to watch. Please people if you love each other then just be together stop being afraid - love is the best this short life has to offer, don't miss it and definitely don't waist time on hurting someone you cannot live without! I wish I could scream it at the leading characters on the very beginning of the movie then I could have watched beautiful love story instead of watching two people pretending that they don't love each other!?

Event


I greeted this year with my husband and friends by playing board games, drinking Pina Colada, and smoking Cohiba cigar. Both cigars and rum were recently brought by my friends from Cuba so the evening were under Cuban theme.

Dear world,
I wish you more peace, more love and more wisdom,
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment