Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

mysterious notebook

My advanced quantum mechanics notebook with notes from 2 weeks of lectures went missing.
I have checked everywhere at home and it is not there.
Yes, I have checked my backpack too.
Nothing.
Last night I gave up, went to bed. Had a lot of nightmares... just kidding.
In the morning I went to the library and asked if maybe I left it there.
My conversation with librarians:
L: "How big is your notebook?", "Like this?". Showing me address booklet.
Me: "No, it is bigger with notes from lectures."
L: "Like this?". L asked while showing me A4 format.
Me: "Well, I do not know. Maybe like this, or maybe smaller."
L: "Is your name on it?"
Me: ”Well, I do not really know. I do not remember."
L: "Do you know how it looks? Yellow, green ...”
Me: "Well, I really do not remember, but I know I’ve lost it. I do not know even where I could have left it, I've just thought maybe in the library?"
L: "So maybe you know when you lost it?"
Me: "I am not sure, maybe last week because I had it on last Wednesday during my lecture, but I do not really know."
Librarian makes a phone call.
L: "If we have found it we gave it to Information desk, go there and ask."
Me: "Yes, thank you."
I was walking away.
L: "But, do you remember at least what is written in your notebook, ha-ha."
Me: "Ha-ha, well this I actually think I do."
So, now I just have to go and have the same conversation with people at the Information desk.


Update: September 19th 2013

I still haven't found it but here is how it looks like. How could I have forgotten that it has periodic system on?
Anyway, it should be now way easier to find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment