Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

Night Market

Just before Aidilfitri (the Malaysian name for holiday after fasting - Ramadan) I went with a friend for a night market in Ipoh. There is a lot of scarves and traditional Malaysian clothes for reasonable and negotiable price. One can get there also foot massage, shoes, accessories and more.

I've got in my opinion very beautiful scarf for just 15 MYR (5 USD).


It was the last day of Ramadan so me and my friend went also to mamak stall (The Malaysian Mamak are Tamil Muslims of malaysian nationality, the word 'Mamak' is from Tamil term for maternal uncle, but in malaysia is also used for auntie). I got a cup of teh (tea) and roti tissue - crispy pancake with melted sugar inside and poured with condensed milk - MNIAM!


No comments:

Post a Comment